Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Blossoms (with ROLOS)
Everyone knows about the classic peanut butter Hershey kiss blossoms, but what about for you caramel lovers out there? Well, you’ve met your match! Because these Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Blossoms with Rolos will only enhance your love for all three things in which are sacred to all baking: peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel. These obviously are exactly the same as peanut butter blossoms, just without Hershey kisses. So if you already have these blossoms on hand and ready to go – great! Just get a bag of Rolos next time you’re at the store.
If you’ve never made peanut butter blossoms, maybe for the exact reason of ‘But, but, there’s no caramel, what gives?’. Well now, there’s no excuse! This easy and simple step recipe will have you making these not just for the Holidays but year round – I promise!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchased through the provided links, I will receive a small commission!*
Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Blossoms (with ROLOS)Print This
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional, for taste)
- 1 bag of Rolos
- In a large bowl and electric mixer, or standing mixer, combine the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract on a medium speed until blended thoroughly. Then add the peanut butter. I honestly don’t measure this, because the more gooey and peanut buttery the better for me – so if that’s you, just dollop a good amount in the mixer! Allow this to mix on medium speed for about 4 minutes. In another bowl, add together the flour, and baking soda.
- After step one, on a slow speed, slowly add in the flour mixture. The dough will become very tough (this is OK), just slowly add the flour, not all at once. You can then turn up the speed to a medium to completely blend the mixture thoroughly (about 5-6 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and begin with a non-stick pan, or use a baking sheet or cooking spray on the pan between each batch. Roll 3/4 inch-1 inch balls and place on the pan at least 1-2 inches apart. Bake batches for a maximum of 12 minutes, or until edges have slightly browned, or curled. Trust me, the cookies will firm up once cooled. If you need to cook a minute or two less or more you can do that.
- Once you take each batch out of the even, immediately place unwrapped Rolos on each cookie center. You can push them into the cookie slightly – if the Rolos melt a little it’s okay, this allows them to stick to the cookies better without falling off! Allow to cool for 30 minutes before placing into containers or serving.
Now, please, enjoy!