Once again, I will let you in on my deadly secret: I’m not a big breakfast fan. Brunch, now that’s a different ball game. My body can’t fathom waking up and eat first thing. But I’ve learned I can’t really depend on that forever – so I really enjoy recipes I can make ahead of time and have to grab for a quick bite in the morning. And this Banana Bread is one for the exception to the rule.
Another fun fact for ya: I was never a banana/banana bread fan as a kid. YEP – went there. What changed – I still don’t exactly know. But maybe it’s that I’m not a plain Jane banana bread lover – I tend to have to dress it up, whether that be with butter, cream cheese (Ohhh, the amount of cream cheese that went on those banana bread slices as a kid), or hazelnut spread (This being a new one – indulgent, but incredibly good – try it!).
I went a little outward with this one – being that I have an odd love for anything cinnamon sugar when it comes to breakfast foods. And best of all, the chocolate chips, too – c’mon now. This ONE BOWL brown sugar cinnamon streusel chocolate chip banana bread recipe will be the highlight of your morning, I PROMISE you that.
brown sugar cinnamon streusel
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Lightly beaten egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- FOR STREUSEL:
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. With the simplicity of this recipe only containing one bowl, simply start with your “wet ingredients” first – melted butter, egg, vanilla then sugar and bananas.
- Mix thoroughly before adding in your dry ingredients – baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips before pouring into a greased loaf pan. Top with a few extra chips if desired.
- Then begin by mixing together the Streusel – sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour – use a toothpick at the center of the loaf to make sure it comes off clean.
- Serve fresh out of the oven with butter. As leftovers, serve toasted with butter for an extra crispy delight for breakfast!