Your dog will absolutely devour these carrot apple natural baked dog treats. Not only are they all natural, there are only 6 ingredients. With a slight crisp outside and chewy center, these homemade treats are perfect for senior dogs, too.
Use them as training treats, which are easily breakable into smaller bits, or stuff them in treat toy dispensers for extra fun entertainment for your dog. My dogs love these so much, they know every time I open the fridge to beg for one. And as you can tell from pictures, my dog Blue is attached to my hip when these treats come around.
Pup Approved Carrot Apple Natural Baked Dog TreatsPrint This
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 Whole Carrots
- 2 Whole Apples
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Blueberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Start by processing the carrots, apples and blueberries into a puree. It’s OK if it remains a little chunky.
- Stir in the coconut oil, peanut butter and flour until completely blended.
- Line a 13×9 inch flat pan with parchment paper, and pour treat mixture onto pan. Spread out the mixture until leveled evenly.
- Allow to baked for 30 minutes on 400F. The treats will come out crispy on the ends, but have more of a soft and chewy center.
- Let pan cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into treat sized squares. Store treats in fridge, or make extra and store in the freezer.