Read and follow along if you are interested in getting rid of that stubborn cellulite for good! Coming from someone who experienced this since high school, I have tried the creams, the pills, dry brushing and wraps. I’d first like to lay it on the line that I’m an average sized woman, with a little extra around the edges if you know what I mean! And I’m perfectly happy with that – I feel good!
I’m not a fan of going to the gym – those types of exercise just don’t interest me, and never have. I get my exercise through walking, yoga, and a range of outdoor activities that keep me moving. My husband and I recently just purchased pedal kayaks, and let me tell you: that alone and rowing is a workout in itself. My previous job of 10 years also kept me very active with moving around and lifting, so by no means am I considered ‘Lazy’.
I’m 5’7, ranging CONSTANTLY between 145-155 pounds in the last 10 years of my life. Being that I fluctuat in weight SO MUCH, and that I’m in the prime of my 20’s with off balanced hormones, it resulted in cellulite and stretchmarks. Mainly on my thighs and buttocks.
BUT, I found a tried and true way to severely reduce the appearance of my cellulite with coffee – if you can believe it. If you know the common ingredient in coffee, you would know it’s all about caffeine.
Get Rid Of Cellulite With Coffee Grounds
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I will receive a teeny weeny commission!*
Let’s recap: What IS cellulite, and what CAUSES it in the first place?
Cellulite is the condition of fat deposits underneath the skin, which gives it that dimpled, lumpy appearance. The most common for cellulite is the buttocks and thigh regions.
- HORMONES (imbalance , and certain hormones being part of the cellulite production process)
- GENETICS (age. and certain genes are required for cellulite development)
- DIET (those who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt, and eat too little fiber are susceptible to cellulite)
- LIFESTYLE (excessive drinking, health conditions, medications, prevalent in smokers, weight gain, and those who do not exercise to increase blood flow)
- CLOTHING (such as tight elastic underwear or form fitting shape wear that decrease blood flow)
First thing’s first: if you know any of the above contributes to you and your lifestyle, it could be why you’re struggling with cellulite. There are some things you can change, and some you can’t. For instance, you can’t change your genes. And you may be able to alter your hormones, but that’s time, money and a risk on your overall health, period.
And since cellulite affects over 90% of women at some point in their lives, skinny or overweight, you’re not alone if you have it! And if you’ve done some research on some of the methods to reducing it – all with no proven guaranteed results – they’re costly, and probably time consuming. I know I’d rather live with it than do any of those methods.
But there’s ONE method I have tried for the past year, with only a couple times a month, down to once every few months, that has REDUCED the look and appearance of my cellulite. Now, it always helps to make the change in your diet, exercise more to increase the blood flow (since that is one of it’s causes in the first place).
These ingredients are inexpensive, and last you depending on how much you buy. It’s 30 minutes out of your day, which should be designated as that time to relax anyhow – so win win for you! I’ll tell you why these ingredients have worked out so well for my cellulite:
DIY Coffee Scrub To RID Cellulite
It contains caffeine, the same ingredient that gives you that energy boost in the morning, yeah? It’s the same for your skin, as it can increase blood flow, removing any unwanted fluid in skin cells. Granted, there’s no scientific evidence of actual results, but I’m not the only one who swears by it.
*For this scrub, buy darker coffee grounds, like this one here
While I’ve researched you can actually take coconut oil ORALLY to reduce cellulite, applying it to the skin eventually breaks up fatty deposits.
This oil can stimulate the lymphatic system, which in this case, increases blood flow and skin tissues lose toxins and regain oxygen and nutrients to stimulate skin elasticity. Castor oil is so great for many other things including hair, skin and nails. It also acts as a laxative when taken orally (as long as you purchase food grade castor oil).
- Depending on the amount of coffee grounds, mix equal parts coconut oil and castor oil to create a paste.
- Store mixture in a mason jar or closed container and store at room temperature.
- When using the scrub, start by using a palm amount of scrub per leg, or desired amount to entire area. Scrub with your hand in CIRCULAR motions. It’s best to do this in the shower, or while you shower, to allow the scrub to sit on your skin for the entire duration of your shower.*For best results: microwave the scrub for 30 seconds, and apply to skin. Again, rubbing in circular motion with your hand or boar bristle brush for about 10 minutes. Then, use cling wrap and wrap the entire area with the scrub and leave on for approximately 20 – 25 minutes. Do this once or twice a week until desired results.
Do this regimen while also taking care of your body in other ways that are best for your skin. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water (8 full glasses a day), maintain a schedule for exercise, and eat leafy greens and fruits, proteins and nuts rather than processed foods, sugar, and salt.
With all of that, I PROMISE YOU will see dramatic results. It took about 6 months for me to actually notice a complete difference in my skin, but after the first few times using the scrub, I started to notice the cellulite wasn’t as pronounced and noticeable.
Share, pin, tweet and pass it on! I would love any feedback, personal experience, and success stories!